Monday, December 1, 2008

In Poems


This poem was written last April...
Today when I stand in the threshold of separation from these hills, the soft grass, the whimsical sky and the carefree clouds, I can recall the familiar pain again.
When she dropped me yesterday in the dark surroundings in the company of rain, I could also feel them on my cheeks. I closed my eyes and said: I loved her so much...why?...I travelled miles just putting my faith on her. I killed my ego or any pride and endured days of insult, just to see her lose faith on me and just remembering all our arguments and not how much loyal I was to her.

They said in poems
One can go a thousand miles...
Just for the sake of a look
And all those poems in the books
Did I believe them ever?
That a thousand times
One can die
Just for the sake of love
That it's a fever
Or is it a curse or
A blessing from above?

When you live in a world of mirrors,
No matter where your eyes wander
Bathed in a thousand colours
Only he seems to smile
When pain seems so sweet
That I can tell him all I feel
I lose all my words
My mouth is bound by a seal
Only he can free me from this fever
I just don't know I feel so dizzy
I guess I will fall
As all looks so hazy
The food gets cold
The birds go home
I know I am in his arms
Though all see me alone

The waters of the bay
When they kiss my feet
I close my eyes
And feel him in my fast heartbeat...
The moon rises
And all over spreads its light
I think about him loving me
In the silence of the night.
As I lie down on the sand
And look up at the stars
I know like them he is near me
Though he seems to be far.

I shall not move
I'll let the tide
Fully drown me
Just stretch you hand
Only you can
Truly rescue me.

No comments: