Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Road to Your Heart


Another pre published old poem of mine...


I could see it coming


Even before it came


I could see myself going lame


On this weary road to your heart


Did I ever reach it?


If I did then why aren’t you mine?


The seasons pass away;


Day by day…day by day:


The leaves fall off from the trees


The moon wanes


A baby is born


But I am still lovelorn


Please love me please love me


Just once please love me.


I have been thirsty for centuries now


When the pharaohs fell


When Alexander came


When the British were put to shame


I have been there all the time


Loving you and killing myself


I have bled drop by drop


You have killed me little by little


I am so tired,


The eagle of pain


Gnaws at my heart.


So many times,


Again again and again;


You have ravaged me


Why love- why?


You made me die.


Over… over and over again


The story has been the same.

No comments: