Sunday, December 15, 2013

Michael and Trinity

I am so fond of the relationship between Michael and Selene in 'Underworld'. Their love fills me with awe. Trinity is another favourite of mine and her relationship with Neo in the Matrix trilogy. I think love should exactly be like theirs. The couples have similarities between themselves and among themselves. Michael would never let go of Selene, never question her decisions, never feels inferior or small before her. He is just there for her, loving her even though she is a monster. Selene uses her blood time and again to save Michael and even kills Viktor, her mentor when he tries to kill him. She never loses sight of her goals, of who she needs to mingle with, yet Michael is just a whole for her. A class apart who challenges her ideals.

The reason,  I am babbling so much about this is that I am caught in a net of affection from someone. It defies logic and yet it pulls my heart strings every now and then. I do not know where I will tread since I do not want to tread the path where treason lies ahead. I cannot trust that person. I can be kind and I have always been kind yet detached. My detachment is being challenged as I am surprised by new developments every day. Can I just open my heart again and love back. Forget the past stabs and accept any future ones before they come. Can I just smile and destroy my composure and love back.

There was a night when I slept close to that person and woke up suddenly in dream...speaking in my mind...Do you know what I think?..I just want you...and even before I could finish, the person stirred up in sleep and said...Hmm. I smiled and said...I just want you to be happy, safe, healthy, and successful. I was so happy when that person's perseverance at work got appreciated.  And the story will continue and I will keep on playing the parts played by Michael and Trinity.

No comments: