Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Two Year Exile


Over the barren strange land which threatened to crush me, I never got attached to anything. May be just the gushing waters of Bay of Bengal and the sad lonely moon. Then one day, when I got struck and lay there looking at myself crippled...along came chant of God. But now it is gone...every bit of solace it brought and the happy surprises which followed the ignorant pain in a city called...never mind.


For two years I had drifted alone
Without land in sight
Then you came
You sheltered me
And now I think how could it be?
That I was happy with a mirage
There was no land
I never really held that kind hand
When I thought I had something
To hold on
That something nourished me
Kept me going
Those kind eyes swept me off
And now I wonder what I was doing?
That it was all a mirage
That kept me alive
That it was never real
For a moment I was given what I wanted
To keep me alive
To put a smile on my face
To pick me up from the dirt of the earth
But it was never real
It's gone
And here I am smiling alone.



No comments: