Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Looking at Kolkata

At times I wish to take a look at the city I left behind...ahem...my home city I mean. It is not that I miss my city, or anything, but at times I just feel like knowing how way it has changed or grown.

I speak with my parents everyday. They live in that 150 year old house located at the heart of old Kolkata. Sitting in Chennai, perhaps the best way to know about Kolkata is reading any blogs on it. I came upon a blog by an American I guess. I hungrily surfed through the various posts, pictures and videos. Familiar sights in the city, kudos for the food all managed to put a smile on my lips.

What an irony isn't it that I am seeing my city through the eyes of a foreigner and trying to feel it too. I don't remember when I last visited the city. I don't have anything worthwhile there except my parents.

A city which people say flows in my veins, my pure bengali looks, and my lingering sweet voice. Well these are just opinions. Personally I feel I was always out of place and way fast and open minded for Kolkata. May be I am wrong. I cannot say if I love Kolkata or not but we do share a strange connection.

No comments: