Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sweet Stranger


I lay on the grass gazing at the night sky,

Looking deep and mysterious like you.

It gazed down on me, yet remained so far;

I gazed on… till it turned blue.

I was drenched in the dew;

I could hear birds waking up;

My tired eyes felt heavy;

I wished for a tea cup.

You may wonder, do I think about you?

Do I still remember lying on the bed of roses?

Do I remember your touch and

The warm embraces?

I do remember you looking at me,

From across a crowded room.

I remember going through the dusty archive,

And a madness of a wet afternoon.

I remember your reluctance,

I remember the lies you spoke to me,

I remember googling your name,

And trying to find you in FB.

I do not miss you?

You may wonder...

You may think I regret it all

Thinking as my greatest blunder.

You hardly know,

So do not assume my sweet stranger…

That one day and those stolen moments,

Made my dead life bloom.

No comments: