Saturday, May 14, 2011

Remembering Delhi

Memories of Delhi in movies like Monsoon Wedding, Rang de Basanti, Fanah, Delhi 6, Dev D, Aisha, Band Baaja Baraat move me.

I remember the Nizamuddin station, bus adda, the blueline buses, smoking hot malai chai (milk tea), fog, Mehrauli, Dhaula Kuan, Paharganj, Saket, bread pakoras and the elaborate Punjabi upper class weddings, Diwali, and long drives.

Chandni Chowk market junk jewellery and...chaat, daru, Dal makhani,roti,aloo ka paratha, tandoori chicken and gajar ka halwa.

Was a rude cut throat place with little reverence for women, very tuff on a kid merely out of home and that also from the mellowed down metro like kolkata.

Was it better than the most difficult metro..Chennai? Where you do not understand a thing or identify with anything. I don't know. What I do know is I fell in love with someone from the capital region but I met that person in the south.

Destiny I would say.

No comments: