Friday, October 15, 2010

Corporate Sari Affair


It's very difficult to steal some time for my writings nowadays. To put it precisely for my blog writings. The last time I wore a sari in corporate settings was almost three and half years back at my native place. I was working with this biggie and it was saraswati puja at office. I am wearing again today and the occasion is almost the same. At south saraswati puja happens at the end of durga puja.

I am wearing my favorite color in sari and that is a shade of yellow and looking almost the same or may be younger. I am not wearing vermillion though. A lot has changed in the last few years. I do not like chilling out with people any more. Pandal hopping outside kolkata and eating goodies do not appeal to me any more. I am growing old or may be there are lot to bury within me. Stuff I do not want to be questioned about. Stuff I do not want to handle. I am also missing 'J'. Three years back when I was in Chennai, she had gone to Delhi to attend a family marriage. It was also Durga puja and she returned on Dussera. The goddess of light left her earthly abode but mine had returned. It was a perfect Bijoya Dasami for me because I had won over someone who was the last person I was ever happy with.

That kind of bliss eludes me because life changes and so does our heart and desires. May be my desires have increased so much that I cannot be happy any more with meagre stuff. Only time can say.

No comments: