Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We still believe in God!

The city of mumbai has a different meaning for me altogether. No wonder that I cried when I saw the movie ‘Mumbai Meri Jaan’, because I was there in the city when the train blasts happened. And as I see my favorite city bleed again, it shatters me.

I remember standing outside the Taj for hours waiting to catch a glimpse of Brangelina, just before they were going to leave India. Taj is part of the glorious past of Tatas and I have been part of that company. I saw it burning on TV.

I remember Victoria terminus or CST for more than one reason. The beauty of the station was adorned by crimson yesterday. The blood of innocents…

I also see my favorite haunt Colaba, desolate. I have seen it desolate so many times before in my night wanderings but this desolation hurts me.

I used to work in Andheri and even couple of months back I was in Vile Parle which is again one of the trouble areas.

The strange part is for some reason I was crying last night and I couldn’t eat either…soon I started receiving SMSes which were strangely not for India’s win as I expected but something else. I have a lot of journalist friends at Mumbai and mostly we share jokes…but this time…this time.

And we still believe in God.

No comments: