Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The poet in me...


The poet in me has been unleashed and now beyond control. I find myself frequently about to vomit out poetries when I am interacting with my boss at a meeting, on the phone or just casual chit chat in the rest room.

Few days back we argued a bit in her cabin. She sat there staring at me. It is her nature to look deeply into people's eyes. Everyone will agree with me on this. Though at that time I was feeling very cross; everything melted out. I felt like telling her, 'Don't look at me like that, I feel like writing a poem. I don't know if she guessed it because just a few seconds later she burst out laughing, going all red.

What the hell? What is happening man?

If I am looking good, compliments just flow in. But my big boss never makes any comments on my appearance. Chotu bosses do. The only comment came from her when I had cut my hair. O yes now I just came across her in the rest room when she was getting ready for a meeting with a client. My desire came true. It's been quite some time when I had seen her with her hair open. I got lucky :).{Recalling our first encounter, she looks like a fairy with the tresses falling on her face. If only if only she kept her locks untied.} Blue dress, water droplets on eye lashes.

I was about to tell her to collect a hard copy document from me. There there...my eyes just got permanently locked with her. So I thought but I had managed to tell her meanwhile to collect the document. I love this thing about her. Whenever I tell her that I need to tell her something, she just stops dead wherever she is. Never mind if it's in front of the men's rest room, on the road, in the car, in the middle of meeting. I love this focus and attention.

Coming back to my poetry ailment.

Even mails and official documents are spattered with poems nowadays. I am not in love with her. I am actually too much critical to fall blindly for her. In some ways I am attached to her. Wish I had time to talk every day or just share a joke. I wish I could just give a light peck on her cheeks. And I know she won't mind. But there is something in which we both are very very similar. We are just hard core professionals in business conduct. For me, I can say if I was deeply madly in love with her and I knew she liked me also, I would have never gone further and would keep a safe distance eternally. Even if we are marooned together in an island.


As she says 'everything is official my dear.'

Celebrating our restroom encounter today...

I dont know
What is happening to me...
I fell into a blue swimming pool
To wake up in an ocean
With salt in my eyes
My eyes burnt as I saw
Small drops of water
On her eye lashes
They ran down her cheeks
The water droplets
I can see no more
Just into an ocean
I have forgotten this world
I have closed all doors
My red can't beat her blue
I cannot resist this glue
Her hair is longer
Since we first met
In her hands is my fate
Do I know what I am doing
Do I know where I am going
I know not how to swim
I know not to stay far
I think too much about her
She thinks too...
She can read in my eyes...
'I am crazy about you'
I wish black can shadow the green
I wish I can love her unseen
Death by drowning
Is so painful
I am choking fast
I know I won't last.
She's my beautypie...my honey
She's Alladin
And I am her Genie.

No comments: