Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Knight with Green Eyes


I was bound in the chains of captivity
I waited for freedom
My hands were bruised my heart was dead
I knew forever I’ll miss home.

You came in like a knight
You wore a shining armor
You broke the chains
You replaced winter with summer.

Your face was hidden
I just saw your green eyes
I began thinking about you
From sunset to sunrise.

The moon wove threads of beams
The butterflies gave me their colors
The flowers kissed my cheeks
The happy clouds drenched me in showers.

My hands have stopped writing
My heart has lost its beats
My tongue has lost all words
My whole life retreats.

I can’t be near you
I can’t hear you
I can’t touch you
I can’t tell you.

Those green eyes look down on me
When the sun wakes up
Those green eyes burn me
Staring up from life’s cup

My life I have written
In your name
I don’t know what it is
I have put myself to shame
With the world
Looking at me.

Knight in armor
You have your life
And I have my own
With the whole world at my feet
I still feel alone.

You can’t be with me
You have no time
But asking just a minute
Have I committed such a crime?

There’s so much distance
Between us
I keep getting lost
I want to be just near you
At every cost.

Don’t turn your face away
You know I love you
You are a knight I am not
But you are a human too.

You save people
You don’t fall in love
But I was dead
The day I fell in love.

You cannot favour me
You cannot love me
You cannot show any bias
You are a blessing so I thought
But you are also my curse.

Your name ends with ‘I’
Your life may start with anything
Your name starts with ‘D’
Whatever….
But your life should end with ‘I’
That’s me…




No comments: