Sunday, October 26, 2008

Diwali Weekend


Oasis is always located in a desert and I was in one. Now you may be wondering why it is a picture of a green sea not a desert. Read further, you will know.


I was busy in the dressing room so I missed most of the program but since the changing rooms were located back stage, whatever was happening on stage was audible. Every now and then I would sneak outside to peep at the stage and also at the audience. Yes yes what can my eyes possibly search for? I knew what color she will wear. With the passage of time she has become so predictable. I was also wearing the same color and had a distinctive sporty look.

Dressing up the girls and boys during the fashion show was good fun. There was very little light and the boys were no experts with the make up. As usual like always they kept on asking for assistance. Some hilarious things took place. Someone drove a safety pin right into the skin of a model and I offered after shave lotion. I went crazy looking for a green flower and a brown top.

One of my team members was awesome with the rasas, which she emoted on stage in the form of dance poses. As she carried on, the models walked on stage one by one. The lady in white set all mouths to mute, and I was the only person clapping.

I remembered my shameless dance at ganesh visarjan as I hit the dance floor. I made sure my boss was nowhere near. The food was ok ok and I returned with a heart shaped balloon. While I was putting make up on a guy, my boyfriend called me. What timing…he on the line and me putting foundation on the model’s face.

On Saturday, I was determined that I was going to avoid my boss at all cost but…I don’t know how everything got smudged up for no fault of mine. Her health had improved considerably and the cough had vanished. She almost sneaked up on us on Friday night at the party venue. She was wearing very pretty ear rings. But she had a very nasty cough and every time she coughed, I felt like walking right into her lungs and beating the cold out of there. I also feel like beating all the clients and phone calls and con calls out of her life. I just don’t like it…I want her time…but I know it’s too much to ask for:

“Dil kehta hai tu hai yahan to jaata lamha tham jaye
Waqt ka dariya behte behte is manjar pe jam jaye…”

Coming back to my normal boring life, my mom created a fiasco in kitchen by leaving oil on gas which caught fire. So that was diwali for me. No diya but daya from the almighty goddess who saved all of us from the accident.

Guess what I dreamt about on Sunday afternoon siesta? Office…what else and obviously…

Tu ne deewana dil ko banaya
Is dil par iljam hai kya…
Sagar jaisi aankhon waali
Yeh to bata tera naam hai kya?

I do know her name but I guess I am close to forgetting mine.

No comments: